Merit scholarships attract diverse, global, and outstanding student talent to Fuqua. In a shrinking market of MBA candidates, competition is as fierce as ever among top business schools for the best candidates, and merit scholarships can make or break a student’s decision to come to Fuqua. Between academic years 2009-10 and 2017-18, the school’s scholarship budget grew by 72%. At the same time, the school had tremendous success in growing its base of endowed scholarships, with 84 new endowed scholarship funds created and $36 million in new endowed scholarship commitments made. However, the school’s scholarship needs have outpaced its fundraising, and creation of new endowed scholarships continues to be a top fundraising priority for the school.
- A gift of $1 million funds one full scholarship to educate outstanding students at Fuqua
- A gift of $250,000 endows a fund to support a student in a particular field of study, or from a particular country or region.
- A gift of $100,000 provides significant scholarship assistance for a top business student.
Faculty and Research
Top-ranked for many years for their research productivity, Fuqua’s faculty is well regarded in the academic community worldwide. Our faculty’s primary focus is quality research that contributes to a greater understanding of business trends and functions. Their research is published in top journals, and many of our faculty hold leadership positions on the editorial boards of those journals. Their research findings are also cited in the mainstream media more than 100 times each month, with coverage in top publications and outlets like the Financial Times, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, and Bloomberg Businessweek. Endowed support to create chaired professorships and to fuel research that informs both academia and industry is critical to ensuring that Fuqua can attract and retain top scholars and teachers.
- A gift of $2.5 million endows a named full professorship for an innovative, seasoned faculty member.
- A gift of $1.5 million funds a professor of the practice—often former executives, entrepreneurs, government advisors, and others with a wealth of professional business experience.
- A gift of $100,000 or more, endowed or expendable, supports faculty research and programs like the CFO Global Business Outlook and the Center for Energy, Development, and the Global Environment (EDGE).
Endowed funds for academic programs, centers, and co-curricular programming ensures that the school has the resources to keep pace in a highly competitive, global business school environment. Funding for the school’s core academic programs is essential, and endowed gifts ensure that the school has a steady source of revenue year after year to maintain programs of top academic caliber. Endowed support of centers like the Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) and programming like the Fuqua Client Consulting Practicum (FCCP) is essential to giving students the opportunity to explore special interests and to apply academics to real-world issues.
- A gift of $100,000 or more funds vital parts of the student experience and ensures that Fuqua continues to be an innovator in business education.