Alumni Impact Award
- Recognizes individuals or teams who have helped advance Fuqua by investing their time and energy on a specific project
- Recipients are honored for their willingness to work out unique solutions that create positive outcomes and for taking the initiative to benefit the Fuqua community with their time, energy, and talents
Melvin Hines, Jr. JD '09, MBA '11
In recognition of Melvin’s work to build and strengthen the entrepreneurship community at Fuqua, both in and out of the classroom, through his collaboration in developing a teaching case, meeting with aspiring student-founders, and serving as a mentor to help guide students’ entrepreneurial process.
Award for Exemplary Service
- Recognizes individuals who demonstrate a dedication to the school through their time, energy, talents, or financial support
- Recipients have given their time to connecting their classmates, alumni programming, board service, student engagement, engaging their employers to the benefit of Fuqua, and/or providing service to fellow alumni, current students, and faculty
Jacob Mullin MBA '15
In recognition of Jacob’s leadership in building and promoting the Fuqua alumni community in DC, his service on the Duke DC Regional Board, his ongoing efforts to connect the Daytime MBA Class of 2015 as their Class Communications Chair, and his generous philanthropic support of the school.
Read more about Jacob and see past winners
David Nowak MBA '08
In recognition of David’s dedication to enriching curriculum, developing coursework, and sharing lived experience in private equity with students, faculty and staff, as well as his philanthropic investments in the school.
Leader of Consequence Award
- Recognizes alumni whose exemplary professional accomplishments are matched by the significant positive social or environmental change they have created
- Recipients use their Fuqua training to make a difference both inside and outside of their employment setting
Namita Thapar MBA '01
In recognition of Namita’s leadership and advocacy for improving women’s health standards and access in India, her mentorship of and investment in entrepreneurs, her wise counsel on Fuqua’s India Regional Advisory Board, and her philanthropic support of the school.
Fuqua Award Winners from Across Duke
May-Penn Award of Excellence
This award was established in 2006 in honor of Owen May MBA '83 and Derek Penn '79, MBA '84 for their longstanding commitment, leadership, and exemplary service to The Fuqua School of Business. The May-Penn Award of Excellence is the highest honor Black and Latino MBA Organization alumni can bestow upon a peer.
This award will honor the alumnus/alumna who actively participates in annual events, is accessible to students, and is connected to the broader community through his/her interaction with the faculty and administration. The recipient of this award should be recognized as a leader within the Fuqua community as well as in his or her profession. The individual recognized with the May-Penn Award of Excellence is an inspiration to those around him/her and a role model to those coming after him/her.
Cara Sabin MBA '98
Duke Alumni Association Awards
Each year, Duke Alumni Association also honors a handful of individuals who embody the spirit of Forever Duke and advance the Duke ideal of knowledge in service to society. Listed below are the 2022 Fuqua alumni recipients:
Charles A. Dukes Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service
- Aruna Inalsingh MBA '95
Forever Duke Award
- Ricardo Duque MBA '06
- Philip McKenzie MBA '99
- Laurinda Rainey '03, MBA '08