Alumni Impact Award
- Recognizes individuals or teams who have helped advance Fuqua by investing their time and energy on a specific project
- Recipients are honored for their willingness to work out unique solutions that create positive outcomes and for taking the initiative to benefit the Fuqua community with their time, energy, and talents
Rachael Classi, Daytime MBA '14
In recognition of Rachael’s efforts to build and strengthen the entrepreneurship community at Fuqua, both in and out of the classroom, across all Fuqua programs.
Cesar Del Castillo De Pando, Global Executive MBA '16
In recognition of Cesar’s work to promote Fuqua’s programs to prospective students and corporations in Latin America.
Award for Exemplary Service
- Recognizes individuals who demonstrate a dedication to the school through their time, energy, talents, or financial support
- Recipients have given their time to connecting their classmates, alumni programming, board service, student engagement, engaging their employers to the benefit of Fuqua, and/or providing service to fellow alumni, current students, and faculty
Dave Lincoln, Weekend Executive MBA '08
In recognition of Dave’s leadership in connecting Dell to Fuqua as an employer and a sponsor of student activities and for nurturing the Fuqua alumni community at Dell.
Yi Shi PhD '97, Daytime MBA '99
In recognition of Yi’s efforts to support Fuqua’s presence in East Asia, promote Fuqua to prospective students in region, support Fuqua philanthropically, and enrich the alumni community in China.
Leader of Consequence Award
- Recognizes alumni whose exemplary professional accomplishments are matched by the significant positive social or environmental change they have created
- Recipients use their Fuqua training to make a difference both inside and outside of their employment setting
Beth Bafford '06, Daytime MBA '12
In recognition of Beth’s leadership in the field of impact investing, her support of Fuqua’s efforts to educate students in this area, and her wise counsel on the CASE i3 Advisory Board.
Fuqua Award Winners from Across Duke
May-Penn Award of Excellence
This award was established in 2006 in honor of Owen May MBA '83 and Derek Penn '79, MBA '84 for their longstanding commitment, leadership, and exemplary service to The Fuqua School of Business. The May-Penn Award of Excellence is the highest honor Black and Latino MBA Organization alumni can bestow upon a peer.
This award will honor the alumnus/alumna who actively participates in annual events, is accessible to students, and is connected to the broader community through his/her interaction with the faculty and administration. The recipient of this award should be recognized as a leader within the Fuqua community as well as in his or her profession. The individual recognized with the May-Penn Award of Excellence is an inspiration to those around him/her and a role model to those coming after him/her.
Cara Sabin MBA '98
Duke Alumni Association Awards
Each year, Duke Alumni Association also honors a handful of individuals who embody the spirit of Forever Duke and advance the Duke ideal of knowledge in service to society. Listed below are the 2021 Fuqua alumni recipients:
Charles A. Dukes Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service
- R. Derek Bandeen '84, MBA '85
Forever Duke Award
- Caitlin N. Alcala MBA '17, MPP '17
- Gregory D. Marzullo MBA '90