Alumni Impact Award
- Established in 2001.
- Recognizes individuals or teams who have helped advance Fuqua by investing their time and energy on a specific project.
- Recipients are honored for their willingness to work out unique solutions that create positive outcomes and for taking the initiative to benefit the Fuqua community with their time, energy, and talents.
Gautam Bazaz MBA '09
In recognition of his many years of service and leadership in shaping the Fuqua and Duke alumni communities in Philadelphia.
Award for Exemplary Service
- Established in 1991.
- Recognizes individuals who demonstrate a dedication to the school through their time, energy, talents, or financial support.
- Recipients have built strong networks through class activities, regional programming, corporate initiatives, board service, and/or service to fellow alumni, current students, and faculty. They have also led by example in showing others how to strengthen the bonds between Fuqua, its alumni and corporate partners.
Connie Chai '10, MBA '16
In honor of her engagement efforts with the Fuqua community spanning from prospective students, to current students, to alumni.
Leader of Consequence Award
- Established in 2012.
- Recognizes alumni whose exemplary professional accomplishments are matched by the significant positive social or environmental change they have created.
- Recipients embody Fuqua's concept of a "Leader of Consequence" by using their degree to make a difference both inside and outside of the boardroom.
Kelly J. Clark MBA '07
For her accomplishments in the field of medicine, and specifically in providing care and innovative programming to patients suffering with addiction, along with her willingness to use her wealth of knowledge to influence policy.
Kathy Baughman McLeod MBA '12
For her leadership in the fields of climate, migration, and human security solutions, as well as her outstanding ability to build relationships across borders, cultures, and industries.
May-Penn Award of Excellence
This award was established in 2006 in honor of Owen May MBA '83 and Derek Penn '79, MBA '84 for their longstanding commitment, leadership, and exemplary service to The Fuqua School of Business. The May-Penn Award of Excellence is the highest honor Black and Latino MBA Organization alumni can bestow upon a peer.
This award will honor the alumnus/alumnae who actively participates in annual events, is accessible to students, and is connected to the broader community through his/her interaction with the faculty and administration. The recipient of this award should be recognized as a leader within the Fuqua community as well as in his or her profession. The individual recognized with the May-Penn Award of Excellence is an inspiration to those around him/her and a role model to those coming after him/her.
Cara Sabin MBA '98
Duke Alumni Association Awards
Each year, Duke Alumni Association also honors a handful of individuals who embody the spirit of Forever Duke and advance the Duke ideal of knowledge in service to society. Listed below are the 2020 Fuqua alumni recipients:
Charles A. Dukes Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service
- Jonathan Chou MBA ’99, P '18
Forever Duke Award
- Caitlyn Clarke MMS ’11
- Echo Hindle-Yang MBA ’10
- Blake Long AB ’82, MD ’86, MBA ’15, HS ’92-’92, P ’09, P ’12, P ’14
- Amy McKeag AB ’98, MBA ’06
- Uche Osuji BSE ’95, MBA ’01
- Kathleen Scheessele MBA ’95, P ’93, P ’97
- Molly Germanese AB ’11, MMS ’12