Selection of Board members:
- Candidates are recommended by fellow alumni, Fuqua faculty or staff, or they may self-recommend via an online form.
- Recommendations are reviewed for past engagement with the school. A select number of alumni are then invited to apply each year.
- In this highly selective process, potential members are evaluated on the strength of their application, as well as their past Fuqua volunteerism and philanthropic support.
- In selecting new members, we also consider the applicant’s Fuqua program, class year, professional background, geographic focus, ethnicity, and gender in efforts to create a representative and heterogeneous group. New members join in July.
- Board/Council members are invited to serve a three-year term with the potential to renew for an additional two-year term at the agreement of both the Board member and the Board leadership.