Engage with Fuqua Faculty and Alumni Practitioners
Launched in 2020, Fuqua Forums are industry-based virtual events created exclusively for the Fuqua alumni community. Each two-hour session features a faculty lecture with Q&A, a practitioner panel showcasing interesting Fuqua alumni, and networking time for participants. View recordings from last year's series below.
All sessions take place from 11:30AM-1:30PM ET. More events coming soon!
May 23, 2023: Health Care
Faculty feature: David Ridley, Professor of the Practice and Dr. and Mrs. Frank A. Riddick, Jr. Research Fellow
- Navigating Biotech and Pharma's Future: Threats and Opportunities in the Next Decade. Biotech and pharmaceutical companies have several challenges and opportunities in the coming decade. Some of the biggest threats stem from changes in reimbursement and regulation, including price controls, restrictive formularies, and reduced periods of exclusivity. However, there are also promising opportunities arising from advances in technology, including artificial intelligence. In this talk, Professor Ridley will discuss four threats for the industry in the next decade. He will then recommend strategies for success.
Alumni practitioner panel:
Left to right:
- Sanjay Acharya MBA ’14, Senior Vice President of Strategy and Growth, HiLabs
- Frank Chavez MBA ’14, Head of Strategy & Corporate Development for Digital & Data, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Companies
- Natalie Schneider MBA ’06, Chief Executive Officer, Fort Health
- Daniel Weinstein MBA ’10, Associate Principal, Digital Medicine Lead, ZS Associates
- Sydnor Gammon MBA ’15, Partner & VP, WillowTree, Digital Health & Wellness (Moderator)